[vc_row 0=””][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_single_image image=”1828″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center” onclick=”custom_link” img_link_target=”_blank” link=”https://www.amazon.com/Same-Kind-Human-Marginalized-Exploited/dp/B01N4D2T1O”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text 0=””]My passion as an editor is simple: to help you maximize the impact of your words! My goal is to help my clients get their message across to their audience in the purest and most effective way possible while preserving their unique flavor and voice. Whether your content is just in need of a fresh look or a total makeover, I can help!
Content Development & Editing Experience
I have been developing and editing content professionally for nearly seven years, and have been unofficially editing for much longer than that! My content-related works have included:
- Editing weekly articles for a business consultant.
- Writing and editing monthly newsletters for a church association and a college ministry.
- Developing and refining organizational messaging for businesses and nonprofits.
- Developing and editing web content.
- Ghost writing blog posts.
- Editing papers and application essays for college students.
- Editing a full-length nonfiction book (see image to the left). This project included several layers of editing along with formatting and ghost writing.
There are four types of editing people generally need:
- Developmental/substantive (Think big picture): Addresses the overall structure of the content and often involves moving paragraphs and sections around. Sometimes this structural development occurs before writing begins.
- Stylistic/line editing (Think paragraph level): Addresses the clarity, rhythm, and flow while preserving the writer’s voice and often involves recasting sentences.
- Copyediting (Think sentence level): Addresses grammar, usage, and consistency throughout the work for overall quality control and often involves closing loopholes and correcting inconsistencies.
- Proofreading (Think word level): Addresses spelling, typos, punctuation, and formatting and involves examining the work in its final format.
I have done all four levels of editing, though proofreading is not my forte nor my passion!
Content Development Services
I offer content development and writing services including (but not limited to):
- Organization messaging documents
- Web contentand other marketing content
- Ghost writing
If you are looking for a writer or editor, I would be happy to talk with you to determine if I would be the right fit for you! Please contact me.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]